Indian Railways, Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation Limited (GSRTC) and Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) jointly intend to develop a state of the art Multi Modal Transportation Hub (MMTH) at Surat Railway Station/Gujarat on DBFOT basis. The project broadly include redevelopment of Surat Railway Station, redevelopment of GSRTC Bus Terminal of international standard, providing East-West road connectivity, Development of Common facilities and commercials along the Project including Operations & Maintenance of newly constructed Railway station & Bus Terminal. Project will be implemented under a joint venture Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) INVITES “REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION (RFQ)” FROM THE INTERESTED DEVELOPERS/ OPERATORS TO PREQUALIFY THE APPLICANTS. FOR FURTHER REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) -BIDDING STAGE. Cost of the RFQ Document: INDIAN RUPEES 50,000/- (US $ 735 approx.), Last Date & Time of E-RFQ submission: 16 December 2016 up to 1100 HRS. (IST)
Salient Features of the Site and Project:
1. Golden opportunity in Diamond city for commercial development on encumbrance free project land of approximately 250,000 sqm in Central part of the city and abutting Textile market/ Diamond market.
2. First of its kind of project in India where all the three levels of Govt. i.e. Central, State & Local Govt. have come together to pool land and form a SPV for project implementation.
3. Special Development Control Norms with higher FSI.
4. 5 Towers of 61 storeys for Commercial Development.
5. Location of the project provides excellent scope for development of commercial project with varied product mix.
6. Concession period of 90 years.
7. Multimodal Transportation Hub includes seamless integration of all public transport modes such as:
Ø Redevelopment of Smart Railway Station.
Ø Development of Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) and Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) Platforms.
Ø Modernization of Central Bus Terminal.
Ø City Bus Station
Ø Bus Rapid Transport System.
Ø Reserve Land for Metro Station.
Ø Intermediate Public Transport. (Autorikshaw, Taxi etc.)
7. Land Mortgaging & further leasing not permitted.
8. This project will be a role model for the entire country and will change the face of Surat city.